Friday, July 1, 2011

Just beginning

So this computer thing is new to me, let alone my own blog. I feel a little bit overwhelmed when I start doing something new & I'm not sure where to go. So I will start small & work my way up from there.

I love running. Running is a huge part of my life. I have coached at local highschools, I have also helped friends & family by giving pointers & advice to help them become better athletes & I hope to make better choices in their lives, & become better people in general.

I love being around people, whether it be making new friends or spending time with old friends catching up or just visiting.

I started doing marathons in June 2005. It was a bit challenging really because I was training with my best friend in California, well sort of, She was there & I was here in happy valley Utah! We would talk every Sunday & compare notes & workouts of course. If she was running more then I would set a goal to run more the next week, or vice a versa....Well needless to say it worked. We met up a couple of days before my first marathon & it was as if we had been together through every workout.

I have now ran 16 full marathons & twice as many half marathons. I couldn't tell you how many 5k's & 10k's I have done but I can tell you that I just love running!

I have met & made several friends that I will say are dear to my heart, not to mention inspiring. What some of them have done to get where they are in their running is quite inspirational to me & it helps to make me a better person & a better runner. I am happy to say that I love what I have accomplished, & know that I will be able to accomplish anything that I put my heart & soul into.

Thats it for now. I will post more later. I will also figure out how to get some pictures on here too!

Bye For Now,  Monnica

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, sister! I totally need you to train me for marathons. I love doing 5ks, and I'm pretty sure I'm ready for my first 10k, and maaaaaaaaybe a half, but marathon is my top 5 bucket list!

    ReplyDelete